[LAU] c++ library for reading/writing MIDI files

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Sun Jul 29 18:58:22 CEST 2018

Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> writes:

> we have found bugs in libsmf that we have not pushed upstream for
> various reasonably defensible reasons.

Without wanting to dwell on it and just out of personal curiosity (sort
of having been on either side): what class of reasons would that be?

Would it be a variant of "after trying to find some sort-of responsive
contact, we tried the following mail/mailing list but it appeared like
our mail ended up with some black hole."  Or one of another color.

Basically, unclear and unfun to figure out what kind of effort would
have made a difference.

That's the variant I tend to come across (or end up being a part of)...

--
David Kastrup