[LAU] A Resonance Of Clouds [music from the Rack]

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sun Jul 29 22:29:44 CEST 2018

On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 16:20:22 -0400
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> you could do the same with Pure Data or CSound or SuperCollider,
> without the requirement for a GUI.

> VCVRack is awesome, but for the sort of context you're describing it
> seems like the wrong tool.

Not so sure.  The very first important aspect would be the quality
of the drones it can generate, how it can vary dynamically in a almost
random manner while still be relaxing.  The richness of the sound
elements involved is also very important.  While full of technology, it
would not give an upfront impression of being a machine.  It would also
not be too complex, always flowing.

So far I do not have the impression that the three aforementioned can
have the same quality of flowing rich and varied output as what we
here from Dave's setup.  What I heard is more on the dry side of things.