[LAU] Qtractor MIDI queue timer and TSC

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jul 30 13:49:08 CEST 2018

Hi,

by  View > Options... > MIDI tab  I can chose between 'default',
'system timer' (for my current installed rt kernels 300Hz), 'HR timer'
and diverse 'PCM' timers. My old computer doesn't have 'TSC', so
Qtractor's queue timer still is set to use 'HR timer', to reduce MIDI
jitter. If I want to chose 'TSC', when running Qtractor on my new
machine, should there be an entry 'TSC' or since it's the current
clocksource, would selecting 'default' be the option to use 'TSC'? IOW
what is 'default' for and why is there no option to select 'TSC'?

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/*/available_clocksource
tsc hpet acpi_pm
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
tsc
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ qtractor -v
qt5ct: using qt5ct plugin
Qt: 5.11.1
Qtractor: 0.9.1

Regards,
Ralf

PS: I'm sending this to LAU instead of the Qtractor mailimng list, since
I susepct this could be from interest for several users, who are not
necessarily subscribed to the Qtractor mailing list and Rui usually
replies to requests related to his software here, too.