[LAU] A Resonance Of Clouds [music from the Rack]

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Jul 30 14:37:46 CEST 2018

On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 22:57:37 -0400
Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> Greets,
>
> On 07/29/2018 07:31 PM, Hank Stanglow wrote:
> >> I fight against a tinnitus by a cortisone treatment to get rid of
> >> such noise. Are there people out there who enjoy listening to this
> >> kind of sound? This is the disgusting kind of sound used for boring
> >> documentations, done by young people, who only just finished film
> >> academy and started working for television.
> > Oh good god, that is totally unlistenable. I barely got through
> > three seconds of it.

> I felt bad until I saw that the URL you referred to had nothing to do
> with my track.

Really ?  Feeling bad because someone would write something like this
about some music you made ?  Really ?  Isn't that very far away for all
notions of nei gong ?  Of inner peace.

If someone would write that about music I made my reaction would be to
smile.  Even if the guy is a multi-millionaire boss of a record
company or something like that.  Such a comment would be like rain on a
duck's back.  Makes one smile and that's it. Even replying with a funny
comment if it happens.

Anyways, after my initial comment on a small portable device that would
have a VCV Rack embedded so that people can heard dynamically evolving
relaxing music such as yours, Paul replied that Pure Data, Csound and
Super Collider can do the same, so why use a VCV Rack ?  Afterwards Paul
replied with good reason that the interface of a VCV Rack makes it very
different.  And so on.

That you use a VCV Rack I think makes it legitimate to spontaneously
comment on the device being used which is, after all, fairly new.  At
least fairly new to the "public".  If I would be using a Gizmo to
present a new piece of music I would not make it a case that people
start commenting on the nature of the Gizmo.  Not that you did, mind
you.  But others are mentioning that a different thread should have
been created.  I'm quite unsure about this.  First of all traffic is
minimal in this mailing list.  Certainly not the affluence of years ago.
Secondly there's something anti-spontaneous about simply not replying
but instead creating a new thread so that people would not get
"confused".

Cheers.