[LAU] A Resonance Of Clouds [music from the Rack]

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Jul 30 16:11:26 CEST 2018

On Mon, 30 Jul 2018 09:52:53 -0400
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 9:26 AM, Louigi Verona
> <louigi.verona at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey Dave!
> >
> > Really enjoyed the patch, there is a kind of flow that just makes
> > you want to keep on listening. This is also the first time I have
> > heard about VCV Rack, and I will definitely explore it.
> >

> while we're talking about generative modular patches, i consider this
> one to be insanely gorgeous. it was made with a hardware modular, so
> no linux audio in sight, although Benn is quite into linux himself:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCDCtRE-bc4

Indeed, this is very nice.  What's nice are also the silences, the
pauses and the way the sounds brushes against them.  There's also a
clear 3D audio sense in the piece, a depth and spatial placement,
front/back, left/right. up/down with the highs.

But then there are also chords being played.  It's not totally machine
driven.  Which is OK.  Have nothing against humans.