[LAU] Is there a LAU music directory?

robertlazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 16:09:24 CEST 2018

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 7:20 AM, jonetsu <jonetsu at teksavvy.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 May 2018 10:45:41 +0200
> David Kastrup <dak at gnu.org> wrote:
>
> > What does "made on Linux" even mean?  If I record stuff with brand
> > microphones and a brand video camera on an acoustic instrument without
> > editing and/or EQ, where is the contribution of Linux?
>
> Is Linux such a demanding system that you have to contribute to it ?
> Is the definition of 'user' updated in this context to mean someone
> that contributes ? Simple users of the OS are banned ?

I also thought about that as all my synths, mixers, EQ and compressors are
analog hardware . I avoid DAW's via Zoom recorders since I am on Linux
computers too much already for my day job.

I may be a snowflake though as most of the users I see on forums use DAW's
and plugins for soft synths, mixing, mastering etc.

Since you mentioned video though ... AFAIK its not practical to edit on
hardware these days. I have not used another OS besides Linux in any
capacity since the 90's so I use what's available. TBH I am struggling a
bit even in the forums and may install CentOS for Davinci Resolve but that
is another story. Still, Linux is a big part of that process as I also bash
script video processing with ffmpeg. Definitely feels "made on Linux" to me
ymmv.