[LAU] Some disturbing news

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 17:52:48 CEST 2018

I think my argument was misconstrued as saying "they are just doing their
job". This is not what I am saying (and I agree that "just doing their job"
is not an excuse).

What I am saying is that in large organizations it is difficult to see what
the sum of all actions would ultimately be. And it is possible to try to do
your job in the best manner possible and still end up with a damaging
result.

In other words, I am talking about generally focusing on the system rather
than individuals. I am quite confident many would agree.

On Sat, Jun 2, 2018 at 4:27 PM, David Kastrup <dak at gnu.org> wrote:

> robertlazarski <robertlazarski at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Looks like we hit Godwin's law. Time for me to make some music and tune
> out
> > of this thread.
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
>
> Well, it serves as a reminder that "nobody is evil but they are just
> doing their job" is a really stupid thing to say given comparatively
> recent historic events.  The way for evil to thrive is exactly through
> people just doing their job and abdictating all moral responsibility to
> the structures they have chosen to work in.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

Louigi Verona
https://www.patreon.com/droning