[LAU] Some disturbing news

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jun 3 06:54:21 CEST 2018

On Sat, 02 Jun 2018 16:52:05 -1000, David W. Jones wrote:
>On June 2, 2018 2:32:13 PM HST, Paul Davis wrote:
>> On Sat, Jun 2, 2018 at 8:17 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>
>[snips]
>
>> BTW, Firefox seems to have gone the same way as Skype.
>>
>> ​They still have a native ALSA backend and there's even a JACK one
>> available.​
>
>Really? Where? The Firefox I have on Debian is exclusively Pulse.

The Arch Linux firefox packages are build with

ac_add_options --enable-alsa
ac_add_options --enable-jack

However, if Debian packages shouldn't be build with alsa and/or jack,
you could install https://github.com/i-rinat/apulse to use alsa. Unless
you need jack, it's not worse to waste much time building Firefox on
your own, consider to use apulse.