[LAU] Some disturbing news

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jun 3 15:06:41 CEST 2018

On Sun, 3 Jun 2018 00:25:18 -1000, david wrote:
>I downloaded the tar.bz2 from Firefox and set that up under my /opt
>tree. I can run it. Any option/setting to make FF from Mozilla's site
>use ALSA or JACK?

If the binary isn't compiled with alsa or jack support, compile from
source.
I always used an Arch Linux PKGBUILD to compile firefox, if you don't
want to use the package management tools of your distro to build from
source, get in contact with upstream support, see

$ wget -q https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/60.0.1/source/firefox-60.0.1.source.tar.xz
[snip]
$ cat README.txt
An explanation of the Mozilla Source Code Directory Structure and links
to project pages with documentation can be found at:

    https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Mozilla_Source_Code_Directory_Structure

For information on how to build Mozilla from the source code, see:

    https://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Build_Documentation

To have your bug fix / feature added to Mozilla, you should create a
patch and submit it to Bugzilla (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org).
Instructions are at:

    https://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Creating_a_patch
    https://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Getting_your_patch_in_the_tree

If you have a question about developing Mozilla, and can't find the
solution on https://developer.mozilla.org, you can try asking your
question in a mozilla.* Usenet group, or on IRC at irc.mozilla.org.
[The Mozilla news groups are accessible on Google Groups, or
news.mozilla.org with a NNTP reader.]

You can download nightly development builds from the Mozilla FTP server.
Keep in mind that nightly builds, which are used by Mozilla developers
for testing, may be buggy. Firefox nightlies, for example, can be found
at:

    https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/latest-mozilla-central/
            - or -
    https://nightly.mozilla.org/
--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{-securityink,-cornflower,,-pussytoes}}|cut -d\  -f2
4.16.13-1