[LAU] Jack & pulse...knickers in a twist.

Mac macdroid53 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 16:34:01 CEST 2018

Hi Len and David,

David, yes, that script will create a pulse sink/source (this used to
happen automagically when I started jack from Qjackctl, but does not now).

Even with it started, no sound comes out the speakers.
(Interestingly, I have an hdmi output on this laptop and if I select that
as the playback device in Volume Control, it plays through the speakers on
that monitor.)

Len, I checked alsamixer and all seems ok.

It appears I've got the setup of the onboard audio totally messed up...and
I have no idea what is missing. :(

It's like built in audio is turned off.