[LAU] Some disturbing news

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Sun Jun 3 17:07:06 CEST 2018

Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> writes:

> For most everything else, including CI, there are better options.

Uh, we are talking about Microsoft here.  Unparalleled marketing,
unparalleled legal.  Better options will become fringe players and/or
sued into oblivion, largely independent from the merit of the lawsuits
dragging on and on.

> Assuming the deal goes though... with some luck M$ will drive github
> into the ground and we'll get something better to supersede GH.

Look what they did to CP/M and VMX and UNIX and Wordperfect and Netscape
and Lotus 123 and so on and so on.

They are masters at royally messing up a good thing while simultaneously
killing off better alternatives.

--
David Kastrup