[LAU] Some disturbing news

Hermann Meyer brummer- at web.de
Sun Jun 3 20:27:55 CEST 2018

Am 03.06.2018 um 19:52 schrieb Louigi Verona:
> Proprietary software is not immoral, it simply belongs to someone,
> that's all. If you make it open source under certain licenses like GPL
> - it stops belonging to anyone. There are no simple answers. Saying
> that proprietary software is immoral is baseless.

This is only true when you think in short time frames. At least, any
knowledge or development becomes public domain after a long enough time
frame, or it belongs to the nirvana. The simple answer is "money". Take
a time frame to make it a secret to make money with your knowledge
(while keep others in the dust), that's all.
At least our society belongs to what was developed by our parents and
there parents, and of course there parents.

The immoral in this is, that any development is based on a previous
work, making it (your work) a secret is like make a side step in the
middle of the road, while others have to wait as long you go back in
your track.