[LAU] Some disturbing news

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 13:07:31 CEST 2018

David,

I have never attacked Stallman as a person. I have focused only on his
views.

I am not saying that the freedoms are completely arbitrary. But basing it
on one's personal experience like his story with the printer is not enough.
I mean, based on my experience I can create a Freedom To Not Be
Misinterpreted. I can base it completely on this conversation when instead
of asking me questions you just assume that I personally attack Stallman or
believe some ridiculous claims that you them easily overturn.

The difficulty of the task Stallman has put himself up for is that he
doesn't argue that the freedoms should apply to his life, he tries to argue
that they should apply to everybody's life. And this is a completely
different argument, with broad consequences. I need more than Stallman's
personal stories to validate that.

If you look at the facts he brings up, my research has revealed most of
them to be false. You can read an extremely detailed analysis with links to
sources, facts and even scientific research where possible which shows many
of his claims of proprietary abuse to be false, overstated or simply a
result of misunderstanding of what Stallman was reading.

The section is long, but it is worth it, because it deals directly with
Stallman's claims.
https://louigiverona.com/?page=projects&s=writings&t=philosophy&a=philosophy_freedoms#2_2

So, how can I agree that Stallman's freedoms are important when the problem
he tries to solve has to be painstakingly spun and misquoted and
misinterpreted to make it sound like a real problem?