[LAU] [New music] A song about Superbooth

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Mon Jun 4 15:34:04 CEST 2018

Hey hey,
Superbooth is the synth show/exhibition held in Berlin since 2016, formerly
part of the Musikmesse in Frankfurt. It's a crazy, euphoric crowd of musicians
of all colours gathering for three days to not only gaze at new hard- and
software, but also to listen to concerts and do what they love best: talk
about synth and music. :)

This song is a hommage to Superbooth 2018, with special thanks to Andreas
Schneider for organisiing such an inspiring and peaceful show and big thanks
to Gaz Williams for giving me a sound bite, in lieu of a photo, and even
allowing me to use it.

This song is both a mono synth and a single synth challenge, all tracks
recorded with the Arturia MiniBrute analogue synth. The vocoder is also
sung/played through that synth. Everything was sequenced in midish and
recorded, mixed and processed in Nama, using tons of LADSPA and LV2 plugins
from the TAP, Calf, Invada Studio, Guitarix, rkr and Fons Adriaensen
collections. I hope I didn't forget anyone in there. If so: my apologies.

Listen to it here:
http://juliencoder.de/nama/a_song_about_superbooth.mp3
http://juliencoder.de/nama/a_song_about_superbooth.ogg
The vocoder is not the best, so you have the lyrics:
http://juliencoder.de/nama/a_song_about_superbooth.html

This is not meant as free advertisement for the companies, but as an
impression of three beautiful, joyful days. Feedback is very welcome.

Best wishes and enjoy,

Jeanette

--------
  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

What's practical is logical. What the hell, who cares?
All I know is I'm so happy when you're dancing there. <3
(Britney Spears)