[LAU] Some disturbing news

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Mon Jun 4 17:04:26 CEST 2018

Louigi Verona <louigi.verona at gmail.com> writes:

> My goal is to have an understanding of the world as close to reality
> as possible. The faster I can correct my errors about reality - the
> better.

See, that's the problem.  Stallman has not set out to _describe_ reality
but to _shape_ reality.  That's why he has formulated principles that he
then focuses his actions about.  The purpose is to make his own actions
more effective rather than excuse his own ineffectiveness.

Moral principles are a personal choice.  You don't get to make his
choices for him, he does not get to make your choices.  The consequences
of his actions governed by his morals have an effect on my world that I
have a lot more respect for than the consequences of your actions
governed by your morals.

You want to be more correct than Stallman but that's not the category he
is competing in.

--
David Kastrup