[LAU] Jack & pulse...knickers in a twist.

Bill Purvis bill at billp.org
Wed Jun 6 16:22:27 CEST 2018

On 06/06/18 14:12, Mac wrote:

> Apparently not. I tried "jack_control dps device surround71:PCH,0" and
> still got playback_1,_2. (There are also surround21, 41, etc. none of
> those changed anything either.)
> As for hdajackretask, when I tried to "Apply now" I got a device busy
> message. I didn't try "Install boot override".
>
>     In my case the real answer is I don't know. I tend to disable any
>     internal audio device to clear up one more thing that may
>     interfere with "real audio".

I use qjackctl, so I'm not that familiar with the command line interface.
In the Qjackctl settings panel, under advanced, it shows the 'system'
output device,
and also a field for number of channels. I had an 8-channel DAC
connected a while back
and setting channels=8 and restarting produced 8 system outputs. So it
is possible.

Looking at web pages for jack_control, I'd suggest trying:

     jack_control dps device surround71LPCH,0
     jack_control dps channels 7

might be the answer?
Bill

| Bill Purvis                            |
| email: bill at billp.org                  |