[LAU] Jack & pulse...knickers in a twist.

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Wed Jun 6 19:44:11 CEST 2018

On Wed, 6 Jun 2018, Mac wrote:

> Just caught an interesting thing.
>
> With the script as shown below, I get solid, reproducible setup every time:

> But, the sound is specifically connected to the onboard speakers of the laptop.
> If I plug headphones in, the speakers stop and nothing from the headphones.

:)
alsamixer probably has a headphone level control. In my case I show:

Master (hmm muted right now)
Headphone (full up unmuted)
Front (full up unmuted) - yours may be "Speakers"

Pulse detects if the headphone is plugged in and turns the speakers down
and the headphones up... however in your script, you have told Pulse to
ignore any alsa devices, so you will have to adjust the headphone level
manually. I have found that once the headphone level is up it seems to
stay there unless you un/plug while pulse is lookig at the device.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net