[LAU] Some disturbing news

Dominique Michel dominique.c.michel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 01:02:40 CEST 2018

Le Wed, 6 Jun 2018 07:01:01 +0200,
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> a écrit :

> On Wed, 6 Jun 2018 01:51:09 +0200, Dominique Michel wrote:
> >How I see it is than several leading commercial linux distributions
> >like redhat have huge corporations as paid customers, and these corps
> >need these kits stuffs and systemd, or at least they was convinced
> >they need it... But into a dedicated or home computer, they are just
> >"usines à gaz" (gas plant - these manufactures full with pipes
> >everywhere and going in all possible directions at the same time)
> >and a complete pain in the ass to manage as a result.
>
> There is a difference between being really hit by systemd pitfalls and
> baseless bikeshedding. Major distros decided to migrate to systemd for
> valid reasons, it's not a conspiracy done by mentally handicapped
> and/or evil distro maintainers.

I was not talking about conspiracy. Corps have other needs regarding
security than a home computer or a dedicated workstation. *kits and
systemd offer a way to implement these needs. And maybe it is other
reasons I don't know.

> Don't get me wrong, users could have good reasons to be against
> systemd and/or against policykit and similar things.

I already explained them. And it is one more: I just have other things
to do with my free time than to rtfm the huge systemd documentation.
Which also pose the question of the management cost of systemd for a
corporation - they must have peoples which can manage it, or they will
have to pay some other company to manage it.

--
If you have a problem and you are not doing anything to fix it, you are
at the heart of the problem.