[LAU] Remote mixers - open APIs

worik root at worik.org
Mon Jun 11 23:41:34 CEST 2018

I am part of a community effort to buy a PA for band use.

Being 2018 we will want remote mixing.  (Where a network take the place
of a snake).

I am nervous about buying gear that Apple or Microsoft will deprecate.
Is there any body making remote mixers with open APIs that if they are
abandoned by our corporate overlords  will still be useful?  Any
experience building alternative controllers for remote mixers?

Worik

--
    If not me then who?  If not now then when?  If not here then where?
              So, here I stand, I can do no other