[LAU] Remote mixers - open APIs

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Tue Jun 12 03:52:22 CEST 2018

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018, Len Ovens wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jun 2018, Paul Davis wrote:
>> what type of network? wifi might work for (1), but is almost certainly way
>> too
>> unreliable for (2) in most live settings.
>
> That is correct. However, if the mixer is controlable via wifi, the mixer
> itself can sit on stage which will also do away with a snake. This setup does
> not allow monitoring or recording at any other place than at the stage
> though. That is no headphones at the back of the hall unless you use icecast
> or something and accept 500ms latency or so.
>
> --
> Len Ovens
> www.ovenwerks.net

   I have an X32Rack, which I leave on stage and control via Wifi and a 3rd party
Android app.
   Two years ago, I picked up an inexpensive (US$180 Demo unit) wireless in-ear
monitor rig, which I installed in my mixer rack and wired to the controlroom
outputs, so now I can 'solo' and monitor any input from anywhere.

--
Rick Green

We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's
  Citizens United ruling, and move to amend our Constitution to firmly establish
  that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons
                        entitled to constitutional rights.

 			http://www.MoveToAmend.org