[LAU] [New music]: Kisses don't lie, a ballad

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Sat Jun 16 22:02:16 CEST 2018

Hey hey,
the classification as ballad was probably unnecessary, with that title. Here
it is and some (remarkable) remarks below:
http://juliencoder.de/nama/kisses_dont_lie.ogg
http://juliencoder.de/nama/kisses_dont_lie.mp3

This is only an instrumental, should you be female with a good strong voice
and willing to give it a try: please get in touch.

This piece actually came to me in a dream. Well, I dreamt its chorus. It was
so strong in my mind when I awoke that I wanted to make it the perfect example
of a powerful love ballad. The dream title had been "Chocolate don't lie", as
sweet as that might be, I decided the kisses would make more sense. :) The
rest of the song came easily, perhaps partly remembered from the dream, partly
obvious (to me), seeing that I wanted to create my personal clichee or essence
of that type of song.

Technically this song uses Yoshimi, LinuxSampler with a self-compiled acoustic
drumkit from parts of the Salamander kit, the AVLinux kit and one or two
extras. Also in LinuxSampler a proprietary acoustic piano and SSO strings.
This was further augmented by additional hardware synths of all kinds. The
electric piano is the real DX7 full-tines on a DX7. :)

Of course it needed tons of LADSPA and LV2 plugins, since everything was
recorded completely dry. Fons Adriaensen's G2Verb, the TAP plate, Invada and
Calf mixing tools and Fons' great four band parametric EQ.

Guitars were played and recorded by Joy Bausch on a non-Linux platform. Very
many thanks to him for such a wonderful and to-the-point interpretation of my
intentions.

If you have comments or feedback - particularlynice one :) -, please let me
know. But also don't hesitate to give the other kind of comment.

Best wishes and enjoy,

Jeanette

--------
  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I'm so curious, what do you think of me <3
(Britney Spears)