[LAU] [New music]: Kisses don't lie, a ballad

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jun 17 09:25:52 CEST 2018

On Sat, 16 Jun 2018 18:40:56 -0400, jonetsu wrote:
>On Sat, 16 Jun 2018 23:06:01 +0200 Jeanette C. wrote:
>> Jun 16 2018, Ralf Mardorf has written:
>> > It perhaps should be "Chocolate doesn't lie" instead of "Chocolate
>> > don't lie".
>> Another reason why it's impossible. It doesn't fit the rhythm.
>In any case, it is better than "Küsse ! lügen ! nicht !"

Hi Jeanette, hi Jonetsu,

"Tränen lügen nicht" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDS73rC4d8c
Deutsche Schlagermusik that was also an instrumental in the first place
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soleado . To claim that "Tears don't lie"
is a lie. The reason that people today still get paid for mourning
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_mourning is that tears are a
much used weapon for emotional blackmail and to underpin lies.

Chocolate could be your friend, when you hit rock bottom, while kisses,
brown sugar and similar could/would be frenemies. First several
musicians taste love and/or brown sugar and after that they lament.

Kisses, tears, brown sugar & Co. give music a cheesy taste, while
chocolate makes music hot.

Maybe words such as kisses, tears, brown sugar just fit better to
rhythms, than other words do, but I don't think so. I guess pathos is a
nice musical element of composing, unfortunately not for arrangements
or lyrics. For example self-pity of blues lyrics easily could give even
good music a bad taste.

OTOH especially self-pity of a musician could cover the self-pity of
the audience. It allows the audience to taken up in their own self-pity
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight_(album) .

Grüße

Ralf