[LAU] Is -Xalsarawidi the same as -Xraw or -Xseq?

Tim termtech at rogers.com
Tue Jun 19 18:14:15 CEST 2018

On 06/19/2018 07:05 AM, Victor A. Stoichita wrote:

> I just found this thread from 2014 about alsarawmidi [1]. At that time
> the intention was apparently that alsarawmidi would replace both 'seq'
> and 'raw' [2]. a2jmidid was described as pretty much dead. Now the wheel
> of life has turned I guess. I don’t really get the rest of that discussion.
> Thanks to all who shared their advices and Golden Rules on this! What to
> do now as an "end-user" is much clearer for me.
>
> Blue skies,
> Victor
>
> [1]
> http://jack-audio.10948.n7.nabble.com/Jack-Devel-Jack2-alsarawmidi-slave-Pluggable-device-registration-problem-tp18200.html
>

> [2]
> http://jack-audio.10948.n7.nabble.com/Jack-Devel-Jack2-alsarawmidi-slave-Pluggable-device-registration-problem-td18200.html#a18210

Hi, that's my old post.

Just a quick note:
At the time I found a2jmidid would not compile.
But I just now pulled and built it from http://repo.or.cz/a2jmidid.git
Despite a warning about wrong dbus location, it seems to build
  and install OK now, here on openSUSE Tumbleweed, a cutting-edge
  rolling distro. I have not tested it.

Tim.