[LAU] Off-topic: "A look at how the Behringer Model D compares with the Minimoog"

robertlazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 15:15:55 CEST 2018

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 12:24 AM, david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:

> On 06/20/2018 08:44 AM, robertlazarski wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 12:14 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>
>>     On Tue, 19 Jun 2018 21:56:26 -1000, david wrote:
>>     >Sometimes I think the whole purpose of DAWs and VSTs and synths is
>> to     >make it possible for someone sitting at home with no budget to write
>>     >for whole symphony orchestras *and hear something like it* without
>>     >spending the large amount of money needed to have an orchestra
>>     >actually perform a piece.
>>     >
>>     >Being such a person, I'm not complaining. ;)
>>
>> That is what midi and digital audio is good at. For me I am on computers
>> too much already so for that I use an Access Virus and a Korg workstation
>> sequencer.
>>

> I find keyboard workstations too cumbersome. Point and click and such on a
> full-sized screen has spoiled me.
>
> --
> David W. Jones
> gnome at hawaii.rr.com
> authenticity, honesty, community
> http://dancingtreefrog.com

Ah but the Korg Oasys shown in the video I posted as a MIDI controller to
the SE CODE 8, has a 10 inch touch screen.

And as someone who spent 15 hours in VI yesterday and recently wrote a
script to auto edit multicam videos so I don't need a UI, a mouse never
really jelled with me. As a piano / keyboard player its more of a natural
environment for me. Definitely ymmv.

Regards,
Robert