[LAU] Installing zita-dpl1 on UbuntuStudio 18.04

Mac macdroid53 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 19:40:09 CEST 2018

FYI

In the process of installing zita-dpl1 the install doc says to install
libclxclient.

To get libclxclient to build had to install libxft-dev (I installed
libxtst-dev first but that didn't solve the  X11/Xft/Xft.h no such file
error)

Could be just a omission on the part of Ubuntustudio 18.04...

Once that worked I attempted to make zita-dpl1 and it couldn't find
jack/jack.h.

Attempted to install libjack-dev but I had to add libjack0 so libjack-dev
would install.

So now zita-dpl1 builds...Except now the jack is apparently gone.

I use a script to setup my jack environment:

#!/bin/bash
set -x
killall -9 jackd jackdbus
jack_control ds alsa dps capture none dps playback none
jack_control dps device hw:PCH
jack_control dps rate 48000
jack_control dps nperiods 2
jack_control dps period 256
jack_control start
<it goes on to create clients, etc>

But when run jack_control no longer exists.

So now I'm at a loss, I don't know how to reverse what I buggered up, and I
don't know if I can add even more to fix it...   :<(

Any ideas?

Mac