[LAU] Anyone using a timer for taking breaks ?

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Mar 5 22:58:32 CET 2018

On Mon, 05 Mar 2018 12:03:24 -0800
Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc at cosgroves.us> wrote:

> I use a bash script.  It's just a nested loop.  One loop keeps track
> of the time interval between breaks.  The other loop pops up PDFs of
> stretching routines to do during the breaks.

I'd be a bit wary of resources.  There's no direct access to time
functions in bash, always have to go through a high-level middleman.
The middleman would not get asked about time each fraction of a second,
but the bash loop to pace the asking could very well take some
noticeable CPU percentage.  I guess to nice it down would be in order.