[LAU] netJack2: Master doesn't show up as readable/writable client on slave side

Jonas neuer jonas.ne.mail at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 15:17:28 CET 2018

Hey Everybody,

I'm not really sure if this is the right place to ask my question, but I
figured I'd give try. If this doen't fit in here please feel free to tell
me so.

I'm trying to route the audio output from my Windows 10 Laptop to the
HDMI-out of my Raspberry Pi running Raspbian Strech. (Later on I want to
run some fancy room correction filters on the Pi). For this I want to use
netJack (version 1.9.11).

On the Pi I start the Jack server via qjackctl and then run *jack_load
netmanger* in the commandline. On the Win10 slave I run
*jackd*
*-R -d net* (with admin rights, just to be on the safe side). Judging from
the console output they both find each other and connect just fine. (All
the settings are left to their default values)
Now when I want to set up the connection via the qjackctl gui on the master
(the Pi) I can select the Laptop as readable client and as output socket in
the patchbay. However on the slave the pi doesn't show up in the list. The
only thing that shows up is one entry "system" as input socket/writable
client.

When I turn things around (just for testing) and make the laptop the
master, then on the laptop I can find the pi as readable as well as as
writable client (input and output socket, once each), however on the Pi
(now slave) I cant find anything.

Does anybody have an idea what could be the issue here? After hours of
googleing I only find basic tutorials from which I've gotten the steps I'm
doing, but none covers any troubleshooting...

Best,
Jonas

The output from starting the server on the slave:

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Jack> ./jackd -R -d net
jackdmp 1.9.11
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2016 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Drivers/internals found in : C:\WINDOWS
Drivers/internals found in : C:\WINDOWS
JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
self-connect-mode is "Don't restrict self connect requests"
NetDriver started in async mode without Master's transport sync.
Waiting for a master...
Initializing connection with raspberrypi...
**************** Network parameters ****************
Name : Laptop
Protocol revision : 8
MTU : 1500