[LAU] [ANN] Vee One Suite 0.9.0 - The End of Winter'18 release

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Wed Mar 7 23:31:20 CET 2018

On Wed, 7 Mar 2018 16:58:43 +0000
Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc at rncbc.org> wrote:

> The 'Vee One Suite' of so called 'old-school' software instruments,
> synthv1 [1] as a polyphonic subtractive synthesizer, samplv1 [2] a
> polyphonic sampler synthesizer, drumkv1 [3] as yet another drum-kit
> sampler and padthv1 [4] as a polyphonic additive synthesizer, are once
> again released just before the season ends.

I would like to try them, although it seems there are no Ubuntu
binaries.  Building synthv1 with jack probably requires jackd
development libs although when trying to install libjack-jackd2-dev
(Linux Mint, Ubuntu-based) approx. 200 packages will be removed.  Which
is not something I'll be going into.

The alternative would be to build jackd2 from source and as a
by-product of a local installation, having the dev files installed ?
Why so much problem for just trying a few plugins ?

Cheers.