[LAU] AMD Raven Ridge

David W. Jones gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Mar 8 01:47:16 CET 2018

On March 7, 2018 12:10:24 PM HST, Will Godfrey <willgodfrey at musically.me.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 09:07:08 +0000
> dekks herton <dekkzz78 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On 03/04, Will Godfrey wrote:
> >>Does anyone have any information about these units with regard to
> use under
> >>Linux? I know they've only be out officially for a couple of weeks,
> but I'm
> >>wondering how helpful AMD have been, and how much of the GPU side is
> usable -
> >>if any.
> >>

> >Get a 2018 MB with the latest chipsets and don't forget to update the
> BIOS every week till a 4.18 release kernel appears to get all the
> bells and whistles to work.
> >

> In other circumstances I might go for that, but I need a new
> *reliable* system
> now.

Then I'd get one from a reliable manufacturer like ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI. They'll be good about passing on the Intel BIOS updates, vs lesser-known makers. My laptop came from a Linux boutique maker that has never offered a BIOS update.

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com

Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.