[LAU] [ANN] Vee One Suite 0.9.0 - The End of Winter'18 release

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Thu Mar 8 04:36:59 CET 2018

On Wed, 7 Mar 2018 23:42:30 +0000
Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc at rncbc.org> wrote:

> wtf? installing libjack-dev will remove 200 packages from your system?
> that's freaking nuts!

I gave up on debian packaging some time ago, for practical reasons.  If
I would make a political statement I would not be using Linux Mint, but
then that's what I use

> what gives kxstudio ain't working for you?

For years I ran homemade Linux systems, spun from LFS and BLFS, both at
home and at work.  My first encounter with Linux and audio, Muse, was
on a BLFS-derived system.  Now, I run Linux Mint for years, doing
music. Before that I ran CCRMA for years then a Fedora problem
occurred in upgrading. So I do other things than going about distros
for quite some time. I do not need repos, all Linux audio software I
use is commercial, even Zynaddsubfx which falls in that category since
I paid for it.

OTOH, I like to try from time to time other software.  The Calf plugins
once a year to see what they're about for instance.  Last time I
noticed some distortion in their dynamic compressor, so it's on the
shelf for later on this year.

When I saw your announce of the synthsv1 I thought about trying them.

So now that the rpm is opened and files copied in /usr/lib/
and /usr/lib/lv2/ the plugin will not start in Mixbus32C (Ardour).  So
from the command line I see that unfortunately Linux Mint 18 doe snot
have the proper Qt version as it runs 5.6.1 while synthv1 requires 5.10:

% ./synthv1_jack

./synthv1_jack: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5:
version `Qt_5.10' not found (required by ./synthv1_jack)

./synthv1_jack: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5:
version `Qt_5.10' not found (required by
/usr/lib/libsynthv1.so.0)

./synthv1_jack: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5:
version `Qt_5.10' not found (required by
/usr/lib/libsynthv1_ui.so.0)

So I think I'll forget about that.  Maybe in a couple of years when
and if the stars aligns ... :)

Cheers.