[LAU] Focusrite Novation

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Wed Mar 14 17:16:50 CET 2018

Am 14.03.2018 um 16:57 schrieb Kirk Reiser:
> I'll have to wait until I have somebody around with eyes to look at it
> but the product code if that is any help is 1235:8016.

This USB VID/PID combo designates a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (first gen)
interface. There are a newer (2nd gen) versions of all Scarlett
interfaces. These should work out of the box under linux, but I've heard
about erratic behaviour of the 1st gen ones and experienced this myself
with a Scarlett 6i6 1st gen. In my case, just re-connecting / power
cycling the interface usually helps.

Others report these as working well under linux, though:

https://wiki.linuxaudio.org/hw/focusrite_scarlett

Chris