[LAU] Focusrite Novation

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 21:18:51 CET 2018

On 14/03/18 17:16, Christopher Arndt wrote:
> Am 14.03.2018 um 16:57 schrieb Kirk Reiser:
>> I'll have to wait until I have somebody around with eyes to look at it
>> but the product code if that is any help is 1235:8016.
>
> This USB VID/PID combo designates a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (first gen)
> interface. There are a newer (2nd gen) versions of all Scarlett
> interfaces. These should work out of the box under linux, but I've heard
> about erratic behaviour of the 1st gen ones and experienced this myself
> with a Scarlett 6i6 1st gen. In my case, just re-connecting / power
> cycling the interface usually helps.

I used a Focuserite 2i2 for quite a while and it worked out of the box
without major problems. One thing I did notice with USB audio devices in
general is that on laptops they seem to behave differently among
different USB ports (for example on this machine one port seems to be
very stable and never gives problems compared to the other two -
incidentally it is on the opposite side, but I don't think this would
really make a difference :)

Lorenzo.