[LAU] Soundcraft MTK22 + jack: first 16 channels silent

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Fri Mar 16 20:35:23 CET 2018

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 14:13:56 -0500
Brent Busby <brent at keycorner.org> wrote:

> Now that the possible bug/malfunction issue has been worked out and we
> know it works well with Linux...  How do you like the sound of the MTK22?

I'm very happy with the sound of mine.  As a mixer for live music, I like
the channel strips a lot.  The limiters on the first 8 channels are great
for drums or inconsistent vocalists.  The EQ sounds great, but I
occasionally need to remind myself that since it's asymmetric, there's
a wide Q when I boost and a narrower Q when I cut, but it's not at all
hard to deal with and sounds great.  The Ghost preamps are nice and quiet,
and the routing is really flexible.

I've done a lot of live shows on boards ranging from high end to pure
shite, and there's nothing about the MTK22 I dislike.  On the recording
side, you're limited to 48k/24 bit, but I never saw the need to do 96k
even with my Delta1010, which supports it.  I'm very happy with the
recordings I get from it.  I would buy this mixer again in a heartbeat.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com