[LAU] Soundcard Oscilloscope

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Thu Mar 22 22:16:02 CET 2018

On Thu, March 22, 2018 4:00 pm, Will Godfrey wrote:
> Which rather begs the question, why are almost all digital scopes only
> 8bit...unless you spend a fortune on them?

I haven't checked for recently available devices, but in the not too
distant past it was very expensive to get more than 8 usable bits from a
device running at multiple hundreds MHz sample rate (not to mention the
extra load in the math and processing such as filtering, FFT, difference
calculations, etc. resulting from more bits)
--
Chris Caudle