[LAU] Help getting sound from Cakewalk UA-25 EX to Ardour

HernanLG hernanlabbeg at startmail.com
Sun Mar 25 11:38:51 CEST 2018

Chris Caudle wrote
> Did you see that on the Ardour forums someone posted a link to a very good
> page specific to that interface?
> https://alsa.opensrc.org/Edirol_UA-25EX

Thanks. That page has some useful tips, but unfortunately nothing that made
the card work for me.

I am using 44.1K sample rate and have tried with advanced mode ON and OFF
(after plugging the interface off) but so far I am in the same situation.
The interface is recognized by the computer, and it receives the sound from
the instrument, but the audio input from the interface is not reaching the
computer apparently.

Manuel Haible wrote
> I used to work with the UA-25 ex on Linux and it was flawless in jack and
> alsa.
>  <3 linux audio
>

> As far as I remember, I just installed KXstudio on a fresh Ubuntu
> http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/index.php

Thanks for the tip. I guess whatever KXstudio have as part of the system I
could also download into mine, right? I would rather avoid changing my
distribution since this is my main laptop, not for music production only.

Manuel Haible wrote
> Make sure, the buffer ok and latency settings are big enough

Sorry for the noob question, but what do you mean by this? Where should I
check those settings? Could that explain why I am not getting sound from the
interface to the computer?

MartinF wrote
> I don't have the UA-25 interface, but when I had problems with my card and
> Ardour, I just used Audacity to test the card, as you can easily select it
> and also play and record simultaneously, without having to route anything.
> Once I had it working there, I set it up in Ardour.

I tried Audacity. It recognizes the card, but the same happens as in Ardour.
No sound gets from the interface to the computer.

I also tried the tips from the ALSA page on this interface. I managed to
hear sound from the interface, so the interface can read sound from the
computer.

I guess what I need to do is some sort of diagnostics where I can find out
what setting is preventing me from getting any sound from the interface to
the computer. Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks all for the advice and suggestions.

--
Sent from: http://linux-audio.4202.n7.nabble.com/linux-audio-user-f5.html