[LAU] Sound from/to custom ADC/DAC

pepijn de vos pepijndevos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 22:48:35 CEST 2018

Hey all,

Meanwhile the Beagle Bone arrived so I'm finally testing with that.
I'm still struggling to write a correct overlay for it.

On the Pi I used an overlay based on the generic simple-audio-card,
spdif-receiver and spdif-transmitter.
https://github.com/pepijndevos/ouisician/blob/master/soc/fpgai2s.dts

On the Beagle I found this one I linked to earlier:
https://github.com/ctag-fh-kiel/ctag-face-2-4/blob/master/device-tree-overlays/BB-CTAG-FACE-4CH-00A0.dts

This one seems at least useful for setting up the pinmux and mcasp.
However, it uses the specific ctag,face-2-4 card with the analog,ad1938
codec.
Instead I would like to use the generic cards I also used on the Pi (or
similar).

Is there a way to connect simple-audio-card with mcasp?
Or do I really have to write a custom card in C?

Regards,
Pepijn