[LAU] Syncing MP4 video files with LTC on CH1, and a BWF WAV containing timecode metadata

robertlazarski . robertlazarski at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 19:25:06 CEST 2018

On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Christopher Arndt <chris at chrisarndt.de>
wrote:

> Am 31.03.2018 um 18:38 schrieb robertlazarski .:
> > My goal here is to edit several
> > cameras videos together using different angles, into one video. And use
> > the WAV generated from the F8 as the audio.
> >
> > Any advice? Well, besides skipping timecode
>
> Even if you don't want to hear it: I don't see why you would need
> timecode for this application at all. Just use a traditional film
> clapperboard (or an app for it on your tablet/phone) and line up the
> video and audio in the video editor.
>

> Chris

Thanks for the reply. Like I said I hear that often. Lots of people don't
get timecode or just don't want to help me go down that path. I'm ok with
that.

Timecode does exist though. Lots of people use it. I'm interested in it. I
have equipment that generates it. More importantly here, open source
software on Linux supports timecode I believe.

Best I can tell XJadeo has LTC support. Ardour I believe can work with
XJadeo. XJadeo can receive events from JACKD via Mplayer and files with
LTC.

I'm trying to tie all this together. I consider that fun, ymmv.

Kind regards,
Robert