[LAU] Repeated USB error/warning notification

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Tue May 22 22:14:33 CEST 2018

Chris Caudle wrote:
> On Tue, May 22, 2018 11:40 am, Jeanette C. wrote:
>> [1354175.824801] usb 1-4.1: urb status -32
>
> This is the list of status codes returned, but they are symbolic, I have
> not  found where the numeric values are mapped to the symbolic names:
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.12/driver-api/usb/error-codes.html

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/include/uapi/asm-generic/errno-base.h

"Endpoint stalled" means that the device refuses to send or receive data
because of some error condition.  In theory, this should not happend with
USB MIDI, and there isn't really anything the driver can do about this.

Regards,
Clemens