[LAU] How to change the settings of LAU

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu May 24 13:34:22 CEST 2018

On Thu, 24 May 2018 13:09:03 +0200, Christopher Arndt wrote:
>Am 24.05.2018 um 12:50 schrieb Louigi Verona:> Can someone please help?
>All I want is to start receiving LAU emails normally, not in a digest
>form.
>
>Every mail to this list has a footer with a link to the list
>information page.

Hi,

the digest much likely includes this information on top of the message
body, not by a footer.

Apart from this, modern MUAs usually have a menu to get this information
from the email headers.

Btw. it's good practise to make the mailing list default for digest
mails "MIME", see
http://www.list.org/mailman-member/node28.html ,so by default users
would receive a digest that allows to reply to individual mails
without breaking the thread.

FWIW there's no need to login via
https://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user ,it's possible
to change all settings by email. This works for all "normal" mailman
mailing lists.

To get a list of the available commands send an empty email with
the subject

help

to     linux-audio-user-request at lists.linuxaudio.org
not to linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org

If you want to change something, e.g. disabling delivery completely,
sent an email without subject

to     linux-audio-user-request at lists.linuxaudio.org
not to linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org with the following content

set authenticate your_password
set delivery off

Regards,
Ralf

--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{-cornflower,,-pussytoes,-securityink}}|cut -d\  -f2
4.16.11-1