[LAU] Is there a LAU music directory?

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Fri May 25 10:45:41 CEST 2018

<hollundertee at gmx.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> is there some way to find music made on Linux other than to go through
> this mailinglist?
> I found
> https://wiki.linuxaudio.org/apps/categories/music_made_with_linux but
> that seems to list only a fraction of what must be out there.

What does "made on Linux" even mean?  If I record stuff with brand
microphones and a brand video camera on an acoustic instrument without
editing and/or EQ, where is the contribution of Linux?  Synchronizing
video and audio by hand in a video editor that's available
cross-platform anyway?

I mean, the contribution of Linux to the end product is not there.
Putting up the name of the video editor would make more sense.  "Music
produced on Hohner" or "music produced on Bechstein" would be more
related to the end product.  And "music placed under CC$x" would be more
relevant for the freedom fanatic.

And for the music lover, "transcoded into crap by [insert video
platform]" is likely the most relevant category.

--
David Kastrup