[LAU] Experiences with miniDSP AVB products ?

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Oct 1 17:28:49 CEST 2018

On Mon, 1 Oct 2018, nik at parkellipsen.de wrote:

> So what's the current state of AVB support development in general ?
>
> Somewhere i read that there's some AVB/Jack interoperability, but information
> is sparse. I found the openAVNU repositories, but i didn't really have time to
> get into it so far.
>
> Is there any hope that it might be a viable solution in the near future ? It seems
> to be a very modular and flexible solution ...

There is (so far as I know) nobody working on AVB support for Linux. No
ALSA work at all. The jack support is as a jack client and so far as I
know has only been tested jack to jack not jack to endpoint. Because the
jack support is as a client and I do not know how or if sync is achieved,
it may be external to the avb path. (or SRC)

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net