[LAU] Default Jack metering (XFCE QJackCTL)

Ede Wolf listac at nebelschwaden.de
Wed Oct 3 18:36:26 CEST 2018

> hardware monitoring in JACK is not related to the presence of the
> monitor_* ports.  The former is indicated by --hwmon or -H, the latter
> by --monitor or -m

No trying to be smart, just to avoid confusion: Is it instead -M or
--hwmeter? Cannot find -m in the alsa section and in the global section
it is equal to --no-mlock. Unless I am misreading the jackd manpage.

> In addition, almost nobody should ever enable hardware monitoring in
> JACK. It works on 2 kinds of (old) audio hardware, and is essentially
> useless anyway.

Out of curiositiy and since I am using old hardware: Care to mention,
which two cards that are?