[LAU] Default Jack metering (XFCE QJackCTL)

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Wed Oct 3 21:59:20 CEST 2018

On Wed, 3 Oct 2018, Tim wrote:

> Hi, just a side note. I'm not sure how other apps handle this
>  situation, but in MusE I have programmed it to remember
>  those connections.
> They are preserved so that the next time they re-appear,
>  the song finds them. You NEVER lose them unless you
>  specifically tell MusE to purge them.

Nice. But the application does the work, not jack. I would certainly like
to know all jack applications did that, but they don't. Some of them,
while still quite useful, are not actively maintained.

I suppose it would be possible to create a jack backend that entertained
LV2 plugins (alsa-lv2 or something). I don't know that there is interest
in the development community to do so though. (this is not the first user
to request something that works this way) I also don't know if it is a
"good idea".

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net