[LAU] GxPlugins.lv2, Wayland and X

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Tue Oct 9 03:04:17 CEST 2018

"David W. Jones" <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> writes:

> On October 8, 2018 2:27:50 AM HST, Juha Siltala wrote:
>>
>> > Hmm, do they work on Ubuntu 18.04's Gnome3-based user interface
>> > running on top of Wayland (without X)?
>>
>> AFAIK any X client will work in a Wayland session just fine, thanks to
>> XWayland.

> XFCE won't run on Ubuntu 18.04 unless you set Ubuntu to use X instead
> of Wayland. And it doesn't run reliably even then.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's finding Ubuntu bionic to be,
um...not quite what you expect from LTS releases.  I tried to migrate a
CUDA GPU machine to it for my employer, and found that due to
miscellaneous problems with Wayland, Gnome 3, systemd/DNS, etc., it was
necessary to revert to backups of the previous install.  Just an
amazingly broken mess.

--
		+ "The introduction of a new kind of music must