[LAU] Synthfest Uk 2018

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Oct 15 22:19:47 CEST 2018

On Mon, 15 Oct 2018 19:38:38 +0100, Will Godfrey wrote:
>People are definitely less 'scared' of Linux these days, which is good,
>although again, there was some discussion about porting Yoshimi to the
>Mac.

Hi,

consider that you could earn some money, if you would provided Yoshimi
for iOS with IAA (Inter-App Audio) support [1]. I would purchase it to
replace the Arturia iProphet.

Regarding some desired vector sounds neither my partial broken
Yamaha TG33, nor Yoshimi could compare to the iProphet, but the
Yamaha TG33, as well as Yoshimi are reliable. They allow to store
sounds and even if sounds should get lost for whatever reason, it's
possible to get them back by loading the sounds from a backup.

The iProphet suffers from two issues that makes it way to risky to use.

1. Sounds could get lost for no reason.
2. It's not possible to load sounds that were stored by a backup.

Somebody experienced this issue in 2015 and I run into it last month,
too, https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=93339.msg151386#new.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]
Jack doesn't work anymore, http://crudebyte.com/jack-ios/ and the
time it should have worked, quasi no app supported jack. Audiobus is
crap, it works well for some use cases, but sometimes it could fail,
run completely out of sync, which might be an issue of apps using
Audiobus and not Audiobus itself, I don't know. IAA does work relatively
well, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter-App_Audio.