[LAU] MOTU Ultralite AVB - possible to configure two connected devices without 430 EUR switch?

Wed Oct 24 02:09:01 CEST 2018

On 10/17/2018 10:44 AM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On 10/17/2018 07:31 AM, Paul Davis wrote:
>> I don't know how "latest" you mean. I bought mine well over a year ago,
>> and it has had this behaviour since I bought it. I was not convinced
>> that it was the MOTU's fault, or rather that it just need some USB audio
>> quirk added to stop it from happening.
>
> Well, "latest" actually is old old. For the 24ao/24ai/16A cards 1.2.8+
> supported 64 channels over USB with the class compliant driver and
> worked fairly well, 1.2.9+ killed that feature (which was _added_ to the
> originally released firmware - that feature enabled me to use the card
> for my purposes, killing the feature made the card useless for me unless
> I downgraded). You might want to try 1.2.x in your card.

Correction (just now testing again):

For the UltraLite AVB, at least for my very recent hardware version,
firmware 1.2.8 and 1.2.9 do not install (the Motu claims it is too old
for the card, try with a newer one).

Firmware 1.3.2+520 does install, and it looks like it does not have the
"input channels hop over groups of 8 every once in a while" feature. I
presume 1.3.4+ breaks usb input.

-- Fernando