[LAU] Impulse Resonance Reverbs

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Sep 1 20:30:42 CEST 2018

On Sat, 01 Sep 2018 20:01:16 +0200, hgn wrote:
>I would like to get an overview what impulse resonance reverbs exist
>in Linux, in which format and which is the highest quality (sound &
>performance).

Hi,

sound and performance of Fons reverbs are excellent. Jconvolver is what
you are looking for.

Zita-rev1 is an algorithm reverb, unfortunately it only provides one
character, but the one provided is excellent.

However, Fons' reverbs suffer from bad user friendliness. A workaround
for Zita-rev1 is usage of the GXZita_rev1-Stereo plugin. IIRC there also
is a GX version available for Jconvolver, but IIRC it does use the same
impulse response for the left and right channel, instead of using
individual impulse response recordings for the left and right channel.

https://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/

Regards,
Ralf