[LAU] This could affect all of us.

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Fri Sep 7 14:18:21 CEST 2018

On Fri, 7 Sep 2018 16:02:20 +0400
Kevin Walker <indigoskywalker at gmail.com> wrote:

> This popped up on fb yesterday via boingboing. The article was
> talking about classical music and how people are getting dcma’d on
> youtube for basically playing a 200 year old piano piece live and
> recording a video of themselves etc, Sony being the alleged victim...

> YouTube has thousands of music uploads, bbc radio 1 mixes from days
> of old and people covering songs on various musical instruments. This
> hyper dcma copyright gagging rights will kill all of that off, thats
> a big part of the concern if I understand it correctly?
>
> I think this bill has far deeper objectives, they want boarder patrol
> like power to try and stop the multi-headed P2P hydra, which is
> futile - chop off one of the heads and two more grow in its place
> 😂...

Well, anything can transform itself trough time.  A politician that
looks good at election time can turn out to be quite a bad guy.  Is it
possible to trust any policy maker ?

For that matter, why are the major communications mediums used by
people on the Whole Planet the ownership of private companies ?
Wouldn't that be quite an important issue ?  Aside from any policy
making process and regulation, a private company is entitled to do any
action.

I do not like that guy, what's his name, Alex Jones, but he got banned
within a day from all major communication mediums by a common accord
between companies.

Why is it that the president of India uses twitter to share with the
common people ?

Why are many people staring down at their smartphones running private
companies' communication between elements of the masses ?