[LAU] Streaming a show with linux?

hollundertee at gmx.net hollundertee at gmx.net
Fri Sep 14 15:26:45 CEST 2018

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 07:44:08 -0400
Mac <macdroid53 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thinking about setting up a live streaming radio show for a local
> theater group. Figured I'd start here with my research.
>
> Does anyone do this with Linux? What app do you use?
>
> How about video?
>
> Regards,
> Mac
>
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2018, 7:35 AM Kai Hendry <hendry at iki.fi> wrote:
>
>  [...]

I have only experience with streaming on Twitch. The most commonly used
tool for that is OBS. Maybe Simple Screen Recorder would work too.

I don't stream a camera but I know others do so successfully.

I'm currently experimenting with streaming via JACK. That naturally
includes session management, which is still a can of worms
unfortunately. I have a mostly working setup now and plan to write it
up soonish.

Regards,
Philipp