[LAU] Dexed stuck notes

Mark Raynsford list+org.linuxaudio.linux-audio-user at io7m.com
Fri Sep 14 17:32:21 CEST 2018

Hello!

I've been using Dexed for about 18 months now, and a couple of versions
ago, it suddenly started behaving badly. Essentially, notes get "stuck"
on (as if they've not received a NOTE-OFF event), and even sending
ALL-NOTES-OFF events doesn't unstick them. The only way to unstick them
is to toggle the MONO switch on and off in the sequence (apparently
this sends an ALL-SOUNDS-OFF event internally).

I've filed a report here:

  https://github.com/asb2m10/dexed/issues/152

.. But it's kind of awkward to reproduce. I've only been able to get it
to happen after I've gotten part way through writing a piece. I don't
have this problem with any other instrument, so it does appear to be
Dexed-specific.

Is anyone else able to reproduce this problem? The easiest way would
appear to be to grab the something.zip file attached to the bottom of
the ticket and run it in Rosegarden. This assumes that you have Carla
and Dexed installed (as a VST plugin).

Failing that... Is anyone else this having problem with Dexed at all? I
see it in all the major sequencers, and sometimes just when playing
with a MIDI keyboard.

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com